Monday, November 25, 2013
Time to Work
Time has been flying by! I hadn't even realized that I'd been neglecting my writing for nearly 3 months! As we enter the holiday season, I'm sure updating will not get easier, but I am more determined than before to continue this online journal. A lot has happened in those last few months. Since my last post, I have completed more than half of a quarter of a songwriting class, have written and recorded three songs, and played my first gig at a public wine bar. I'm feeling scared and excited and bold at the prospect of creating a music career! For so long, I considered that my calling was musical theater and acting. Yet, things fell through left and right! Sure, I still have the desire to do it all, but this Fall, I feel focused on writing and establishing myself as an artist first. The rest shall follow - I have no doubt in my mind. (Like Ryan Tedder - he's an artist in his own right, but he also writes on so many other popular artists' records!) The trouble I've been having lately is figuring out the right people to speak with about getting my music out there. I am currently trying to get a website up, put music on iTunes, and talk to as many people in the industry as possible to get my foot in the door. I plan to relocate to Nashville, TN for a few months so that I may be surrounded by music and opportunity. However, this can't happen until next year - I'd like to have some money in the bank before I go and I have been blessed with job opportunities through April. Still, I know this is something I need to do. I feel led/called and there's no stopping me now :)
And to think this all started with, "What if?" Perhaps this is the main thought of the entry: "What if?" has now become "Why not?" I'm done waiting and playing it safe. Especially when I trust that God is on my side! I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. So here's to taking the next step!
Pardon the short entry. Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment