Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Dust
The Eli Young Band is narrating my life. Their latest song, "Dust", has lyrics that are seemingly reflective of my current situation, awakening both the thrill of a new opportunity and the fear of any comfort I may be leaving behind.
Since my last post, I have been active in my attempt to create my own business as an artist and songwriter. I have since recorded another song called "Tool Shed" to add to the EP I've been working on. (You can check out my current tracks and latest news on my website at www.heatherhershow.wix.com/heatherhershowmusic or on my Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/heatherhershowmusic! Yes, it's a mouthful of a domain name. I am aware of this fact...and I'm working on it)
After working as a teacher and saving up some money, I am making a trip out to Nashville this month to hopefully meet with people and determine whether or not I could see myself living there for an extended period of time. This is HUGE for me! I essentially am doing this without a solid plan...Besides, I am comfortable here in L.A. I like my life here, and still I feel compelled to chase this dream - one that comes with a lot of uncertainty! But there are endless possibilities awaiting and all I have to do is make the choice to go and try. Nashville and a career as a staff songwriter/artist can't just be another beautiful idea; it's up to me to make this a reality. I've come so far in a little less than a year and I can't stop now!
If the beginning of this adventure has taught me anything, it's that "being bold in the dreams we dream for our lives" pays off in ways we would never imagine. I do this, not for the glorification of my name, but for the purpose of creating and touching lives, and being relational/connecting with people (even those I've never met). It's writing a song in honor of an amazing woman who made so many of us smile (and continues to do so, even after her passing). It's bonding with someone over the reading of "The Fault in Our Stars" or helping a friend edit and submit a screenplay in hopes that he or she will be successful their pursuit of their dreams of scriptwriting. With this perspective and newfound inspiration, I realize that I am becoming more and more unafraid to put myself out there. If it means I go to Nashville and nothing comes of it, at least I'll know I did something.
"There's gotta be more than the same old story, so she's gonna turn the page tonight." May you also be bold in your next steps <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment